This week Yanky Fachler, author of ‘Fire in the Belly’ will be giving a talk at Cork Open Coffee at 10am in the Rubicon Centre.
Yanky will have copies of his book with him for anyone to buy.
Fire in the Belly, An exploration of the entrepreneurial mindset
EXCERPTS FROM THE BOOK:
- Fire in the belly is the fuel that drives you. With fire in your belly, you’re invincible
- With so many people now considering self-employment, it’s critical to make the emotional transition from employee to self-employed.
- Every entrepreneur has chutzpah – it’s in our DNA. Encourage your chutzpah genie to escape.
- The goal of the education system is to produce employable people who will fill society’s jobs.
- Families are incapable of giving “Recovering Employees” emotional support.
- Feeling lonely can be the number one challenge.
- To be your own boss, you must undergo deprogramming to ditch your employee mindset.
- People say that unless you are prepared to work hard, you should not start a company. Wrong. Unless you already work hard, don’t even think of starting your own business.
- Some employees should never be tempted to leave the employment world. Others should never have been employed in the first place. Asking whether entrepreneurship is for you is the wrong question. The real question is whether you are right for entrepreneurship.
- You’re never too old or too young to start a business.
WHAT THEY ARE SAYING ABOUT THE BOOK:
- Essential reading. Ruari Glenn, amazon.co.uk
- My business bible. Briain Smyth, Irish Independent
- Fire in the Belly tells anyone still beholden to employers how to discover whether they have what it takes to be an entrepreneur. Sandra O’Connell, Sunday Times
- A truly comprehensive treatment of the topic. I read things that no one mentioned in all the years I studied entrepreneurship. Feargal Byrne Lostjobstartbusiness.com
- I have witnessed this book’s ability to change peoples’ lives. David Harrington, amazon.com
- I learned more from your book than from 4 years in college. Trevor Gillespie
- Reading your book gave me the confidence to start up my business with my eyes wide open. Everything you said was true. Cathie Clifford, Clifford Marketing & Associates
- Sorry to phone you at midnight. I’ve just finished the book. Now I know that in the morning I will give in my notice. CR
- The best book I have ever read on the neglected subject of entrepreneurial values. This will now be essential reading for all our business advisors. Gerry Moan
- It’s ironic and absurd that the issues tackled in the book were never even touched on during my MBA studies. What planet are these business schools on? Gaby Posen
Retail price: €15.99 + p&p
SPECIAL DISCOUNT FOR BUSINESS NETWORKS: €10 + €1.50 p&p
10+ copies: €10 including p&p
ORDERS: firstname.lastname@example.org, 086 8575162
This morning Tom Doherty from Beyond Targets spoke to Corks Open Coffee about a concept called The Embedded Entrepreneur.
Toms talk, directed at Entrepreneurs encouraged those aiming to create a business to put their idea to the test as early as possible. Embed a pre-start entrepreneur in a host customers site for a fixed period of time and only launch a start-up once proof of concept has taken place within a host customer.
It was an excellent presentation and sparked plenty of conversation after the presentation. The slides of the presentation are below, thanks to Tom for sending them on.
Tom also mentioned an initiative he is running in Waterford called ExploreTech where a select number of technical people are brought together to focus on a specific objective. Based on the level of interest he is considering exploring this in Cork.
If you are interested, Contact Tom now as places are limited – Make direct contact with Tom Doherty at email@example.com or phone 0862574332 for an initial ExploreTech Cork meetup